Forward Thinking. Professional Management.
Our clients benefit from having a highly qualified “hands-on” Board, Management and Investment Review Committee that are difficult to replicate in this industry. Their combined property related experience is both detailed and extensive and is reflected by the success they have achieved in their respective professions and businesses.
As founders, CEOs and senior executives in funds management, property development, property management and banking businesses, both private and ASX listed, our combined experience includes:
- Development and management of investment funds in excess of $4 billion;
- Direct development of in excess of $2 billion of property across a broad range of property asset classes;
- Investment banking transactions, both domestic and international, totalling in excess of $3 billion; and
- Management of property assets totalling in excess of $10 billion.
PrivateInvest’s management capabilities include:
- property investment origination;
- property analysis and execution;
- finance across the capital structure for property developments;
- property development and commercial real estate management;
- investment into direct real estate;
- management of third party owned investment funds and syndicates;
- property asset improvement;
- strong adherence to compliance and corporate governance; and
- impact and socially responsible investment within specific property sectors.
Key Executive Management.
- Mark Roberts has over 25 years of experience in the property industry. Mark’s extensive real estate experience includes medium to large scale developments for his own entities and as Managing Director for an ASX listed entity which was the largest in its sector in Australia. Join Mark on LinkedIn to read his full biography.
- Grant Ross has over 25 years of experience in funds management and investment, and has been responsible for the establishment and management of in excess of 40 investment funds spanning the debt, equity, property and alternative asset classes. Over an eight year period in a prior company, Grant grew that business to hold nearly $4 billion of assets under management – with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Auckland, London and Los Angeles. Join Grant on LinkedIn to read his full biography.
- Tim Killian has over 20 years of experience and has managed over $1.25 billion of commercial real estate in the funds management and superannuation sectors in Australia, the United States and United Kingdom. He specialises in real estate acquisitions, divestments, investment management, new product development, risk management and compliance. Join Tim on LinkedIn to read his full biography.
- Naomi Roberts has 15 years of extensive experience in property and property related business activities. This includes property management rights and development ranging from commercial, retail and residential. Naomi has worked in legal practice and in a listed company with direct responsibility for occupancy management that included institutional funds with over $1.2 billion under management, wholesale and multiple investors. Join Naomi on LinkedIn to read her full biography.
- David Miller has a 30 year national and US residential property industry experience covers all facets – market research, construction, finance, investment, marketing and national distribution. As both shareholder and CEO/MD, David formed the RAMS property investment subsidiary IPS. David was also the State Manager for two major residential building companies. Join David on LinkedIn to read his full biography.
- Brett Endersby is an experienced property executive. His extensive background covers all the essentials, in site selection and acquisition, ownership structures, debt raising, complex negotiations, project management and development delivery – both on his own right and for third parties. Join Brett on LinkedIn to read his full biography.
- Margie Roberts has over 15 years of experience in the funds management industry including roles as Finance Manager and Compliance Officer. This has included writing and maintaining policy documents, chairing governance meetings and ensuring compliance with all facets of AFSL license. Join Margie on LinkedIn to read her full biography.
Alternative Finance Management Board (“AFM”) Board
Non Executive Directors
Note: Mark Roberts, Grant Ross and Tim Killian sit on the Alternative Finance Management Board.
- Mitch Nielson has over 30 years of experience in the property development industry spanning a broad range of real estate asset classes. As the Managing Director of the Indigo Property Group, his skills includes project identification, capital raising, finance and development management. In total, Mitch has delivered projects with a total end value in excess of $2 billion.
- Nils Miller has more than 17 years of banking, corporate advisory, corporate finance and principal investment experience – including origination or advising on property and infrastructure transactions exceeding $3 billion. Nils works in a senior position with Investec Australia and has extensive international advisory experience in both public and private markets, across Europe, the UK, the USA, and Australasia.
- Garth Mathews founded Secure Parking in Australia in 1979 and has operated the company in the capacity as Managing Director and CEO since that time. As a result of successes in Australia, Garth expanded operations overseas into 13 countries and grew Secure Parking to be the largest International Parking company, operating 2,500 car parks and employing over 15,000 staff. With a recent divestment of some of his more mature markets, Garth has been able to focus his attention into other business activities.
Investment Review Committee
- Greg Peel has over 35 years of experience in banking and finance covering corporate banking, capital markets, trade finance and credit risk, having established the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s business banking and asset finance divisions. Greg was co-founder, CEO and Managing Director of Community Sector Banking (“CSB”), Australia’s only dedicated banking service for the not-for-profit sector which is a position he held for 13 years.
- Laurie Truce has 40 years of experience in the property development industry, working in all asset classes. Laurie holds qualifications in both architecture and civil/structural engineering which gives him particular expertise in reviewing the due diligence reports for lending on development and construction projects.